Just In Time
With PVP’s plastic corrugated packaging system, you can have just-in -time (J.I.T.) inventory that does not clutter up warehouse space.
- Decrease your lead-time to 24 hours.
- You do not have to worry about the reliability of your inventory system.
How it Works
- First, we come up with a pull quantity on the part you want on pull – This is based on your usage, pack quantity and space in both warehouse facilities.
- We put the 1st pull of finished goods on the floor and have 1 pull of raw material on the floor.
- When you release your part we will take the finished goods off the floor which triggers production to replenish the finished good stock.
- Purchasing is also triggered to re-order raw material.
- Depending on the pull size and raw material lead time we will have a restocking timeline to replenish the pull.
- After the first few pulls we can tweak the pull quantity to suit your supply requirements.
When should I consider putting an item on pull?
- When you have expendable packaging products that you use regularly.
- When you do not have a good trigger for purchasing on a product and it usually is a rush to get it in.
- When our standard lead time is greater than 1 week.
Terms and Conditions do apply. Please see your Sales Rep for details.